Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor Use Precautions
1. circuit design
(1) Please confirm the use of the environment and installation environment, according to the directory or Specified. Specified within the capacitor specifications within the performance range of use.
(2) Do not use it at high temperatures (temperatures above the upper limit temperature range). When used over the upper limit temperature range, the life of the capacitor is significantly reduced, or the explosion proof flap
(3) Do not apply excessive current (over ripple current above the rated maximum ripple current permissible value). Excessive ripple current, will cause the capacitor inside the overheating, life shortened, or lead to explosion-proof flap open the degree of damage.
When using frequencies other than those specified, please use the following values as indicated in the frequency correction factor specified in each series.
(4) When designing the circuit, use a capacitor suitable for machine life.
(5) the capacitor has a positive and negative. Do not apply reverse current or AC voltage. Use a bipolar capacitor on a reversal circuit. But please note that even a polar capacitor should not be used in the AC circuit.
(6) Do not use the capacitor on a rapid charge and discharge circuit. You need to be able to use the capacitor on the circuit where rapid charge and discharge are required.
(7) Do not apply an overvoltage to the capacitor (voltage exceeding the set voltage). Please design the direct current and overlapping ripple voltage of the tip value below the freeze voltage. More than the fixed voltage when the lightning strike
Pressure specifications, but limited to certain conditions, long time can not be used to ensure.
(8) In the circuit design, in the following section, please do the circuit on the complete isolation.
1. Between aluminum shell, positive guide pin, negative guide pin and circuit diagram.
2. Self-standing non-energized auxiliary terminals and other positive, negative and circuit boards.
(9) The outer casing of the capacitor is not guaranteed to be insulated. Do not use where insulation is necessary. Need to have a casing insulation function, please contact us with spacious Secretary.
(10) Do not use capacitors in the following environments.
1. Directly with water, salt water, oil contact, or frost will be the environment.
2. Environment that is filled with harmful gases (hydrogen sulfide, sulfurous acid, nitrous acid, chlorine, uric acid).
3. Irradiated in the environment of ozone, ultraviolet and radiation.
4. Excessive environment in excess of catalog or marked vibration or impact conditions marked by SPEC.
(11) When the capacitor board is mounted on the PC board, please confirm the following points before proceeding with the design.
1. Set the spacing of the PC patch panel holes with the capacitor terminal spacing.
2. Do not set wiring or circuit diagrams above the explosion-proof valve of the capacitor.
3. At the top of the capacitor explosion-proof valve, leave the following space if SPEC is not specified.
φ8 (6.3) to φ16 2 mm or more
φ18 ~ φ35 3mm or more
φ40 ~ 5mm or more
4. If the wiring board and the capacitor explosion-proof valve will be connected together, please cooperate with the location of the explosion-proof valve in the wiring board on the hole, so that when the explosion-proof valve burst open air from the hole.
5. Do not set the circuit under the sealing part of the capacitor. If there is electrolyte leakage situation, I am afraid that will make the circuit short circuit.
6. Do not configure hot parts around the capacitor and on the back of the wiring board (below the capacitor).
7. To set the capacitor on a duplex wiring board, do not have extra circuit board holes and coaxial front and rear through holes below the capacitor.
(12) When designing a welding circuit diagram of a PC wiring board using a V-CHIP type capacitor, please design it according to the catalog or SPEC.
(13) The electrical characteristics of the capacitor vary depending on temperature and frequency. Please confirm the range after the design loop.
(14) To connect more than two capacitors together, consider the problem of uneven distribution of current in the design circuit.
(15) When two capacitors are to be connected in series, consider the problem of uneven voltage distribution and insert the voltage divider.
2. Capacitor assembly
(1) Do not re-use the capacitors that have been assembled on the board and are energized. Unless it is used to confirm the electrical characteristics of the capacitor can not be used repeatedly.
(2) Capacitor sometimes reacts again. At this time, discharge is performed by a resistance of about 1kΩ.
(3) After long-term storage of the capacitor sometimes leakage current will increase. At this time, please use about 1kΩ resistor to do voltage processing.
(4) Please confirm the specifications of the capacitor (capacity and voltage) before assembly.
(5) Please confirm the positive and negative terminals of the capacitor before assembling.
1. Capacitor body side will be a ribbon or arrows that negative.
2. The guide pin in the same direction of its guide pin shorter side for the negative.
3. The horn or the terminal shape of the rivet on the pressure of [-] printed in the direction of the negative.
4. The V-Chip is printed with a negative electrode.
(6) Please do not let the capacitor fall to the ground. Drop the capacitor please do not use.
(7) Do not allow the capacitor to be used after modification.
(8) Check the distance between the positive and negative electrodes of the capacitor and the hole of the patch panel before assembling.
(9) When assembling the horns, press the capacitor against the board (do not float it).
(10) Do not apply a mechanical strength that exceeds the SPEC. Use the automatic plug-in machine for adsorption, assembly, and alignment position or shear feet will put pressure on the capacitor occasions, please note the size of its impact.
(11) Note on soldering iron:
1. The welding conditions (temperature and time) are set in the range specified in the catalog or SPEC.
2. If the distance between the positive and negative electrodes of the capacitor and the hole spacing on the wiring board is different, it is necessary to treat the guide pin terminal before processing, and be careful not to apply pressure to the capacitor body.
3. If you need to remove the capacitors that have been welded together when handling them, please be careful not to press the terminals of the capacitors, and then melt the solder completely and then pull up.
4. Do not touch the tip of the soldering iron to the capacitor body.
(12) tin furnace welding when the note:
1. Do not immerse the capacitor body in the tin furnace. Please hold the PC patch panel in the middle, as long as the welding side of the capacitor body can be no side.
2. The welding conditions (preliminary heating, welding temperature and time) are set in the range specified in the catalog or SPEC.
3. Do not allow the flux to touch the part other than the terminal.
4. Do not allow other accessories to fall into contact with the capacitor when welding.
Use reflow oven is limited to SMT products.
1. The conditions (preliminary heating, welding temperature and time) are set in the range specified in the catalog or SPEC.
2. When using far infrared heating, please consider the color of the capacitor, material, size, the absorption of far infrared will be different, please be careful to the extent of heating.
3. Set the number of times to reflow the capacitor once. If you need to reflow twice occasions, please be sure to consult spacious Secretary.
(14) After welding the capacitor to the PC board, do not apply the following mechanical pressure.
1. Do not allow the capacitor body to tilt, tear down, or turn.
2. Do not use the capacitor as a handle, grab the capacitor to move the PC board.
3. Do not let the capacitor hit something. If you want to overlap the PC board, be careful not to let the capacitor touch the PC board or other accessories.
(15) substrate cleaning
1. Do not use halogen-based cleaning agents to clean. If you need to wash, please use the capacitor to ensure that you can wash, and according to SPEC. Within the scope of the provisions of the clean.
2. Recommended cleaning method
Pine Alpha ST-100S Clean Through-750H
Iso-proryl Alcohol (IPA)
Use soaking, ultrasonic and other methods of cleaning time please control in less than five minutes (5L, 7L goods in less than three minutes).
After cleaning, please use hot air together with PC board. The temperature of the hot air should not exceed the upper limit specified by the capacitor. In addition, if the dehydration can not be fully dry, sometimes the secondary contraction of the casing, the capacitor floor and other appearance of the bad, please note.
3. CFC cold coal
Whether using soaking, steam, ultrasonic, wash time please control in the total 2 minutes or 3 minutes or less. (Solvent temperature below 40 degrees). But this CFC cold coal will cause the Earth’s environmental problems, the future will prohibit the use of the trend. Please consider as a tentative countermeasure, try not to use.
(16) Use of the adhesive to the capacitor, the adhesive is in use, please confirm the following.
1. Do not use halogen-containing fixatives and adhesive.
2. Before using the fixing agent and adhesive glue, remove the residue and dirt of the flux between the clean substrate and the capacitor seal.
3. Before using the fixative, adhesive glue, please first wash the detergent and so on. Also be careful not to completely block the seal.
4. The hardening conditions of fixing agent and adhesive glue are subject to SPEC.
3. The use of models
(1) Do not touch the terminals of the capacitors directly.
(2) Do not place the conductor to cause a short circuit between the terminals. And please do not use acidic or alkaline conductive solution on the capacitor.
(3) Check the model setting of the capacitor assembly. Do not use in the 1- (10) environment.
4. security check
(1) Please use the capacitor on the machine for industrial use to accept regular inspection.
Check the items according to the following.
1. Appearance: whether the obvious appearance of abnormal, with the explosion-proof valve open, leakage and so on.
2. Electrical characteristics: leakage current, static capacity, loss angle is connected with the provisions of the directory or SPEC in the project.
5. When an accident occurs
(1) If the capacitor explosion-proof valve is open when the machine is in use, or if the gas leaks, turn off the main power of the model or pull the power plug out of the socket.
(2) When the explosion-proof valve of the capacitor is opened, it will eject more than 100 degrees of high temperature gas, do not close the head. If the sprayed gas runs into the eyes or sucks into the trachea, wash your eyes and rinse immediately with water.
Please do not lick the electrolyte. If the electrolyte gets on the skin, wash it with soap.
6. custody of the conditions
(1) Do not store capacitors in hot and humid environments.
Please keep in the indoor temperature of 5 to 35 degrees, relative humidity below 75% of the environment.
(2) Do not store the capacitor in an environment that does not come into direct contact with water, salt water, oil, etc.
(3) Do not store the capacitor in an environment filled with harmful gases (hydrogen sulfide, sulfurous acid, nitrous acid, chlorine, uric acid).
(4) Do not store the capacitor in an environment exposed to ozone, ultraviolet rays, or radiation.
7. When discarded
(1) To dispose of the capacitor, follow one of the following methods.
1. The capacitor openings, or flattened after high temperature incineration (800 degrees or more).
2. When not using incineration, please hand over to a special industrial waste disposal business.
Note on the use of aluminum electrolytic capacitors is based on the EIA RCR-2367A March 1993 correction of “fixed-use aluminum electrolytic capacitors on the use of reference manual” as the reference, the details please refer to the manual.